Friday, April 4, 2008

Free for All: Oddballs, Geeks, and Gangstas in the Public Library

Borchert, Don. 2007. Free for All: Oddballs, Geeks, and Gangstas in the Public Library. New York: Virgin Books.

As with my last foray into adult non-fiction (which is, incidentally, one of my favorite genres), I am returning this book unfinished. I feel guilty renewing it when so many others are waiting for this humorous look at public libraries.

Although the books is advertised as "mild-mannered librarian tells all!" it is actually the collected stories of a library assistant in a suburban L.A. public library. Free for All is definitely amusing, but since I'm living many of the scenarios on a day-to-day basis anyway, I'll pass on the rest of the book and get back to work serving children. I'm behind on my picture book reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment