Saturday, December 26, 2009

A look at Nook?

A look at Nook?
Not yet...

I was given a Nook for Christmas, but, due to the overwhelming demand for Barnes & Noble's competitor to Amazon's Kindle, I'll have to wait until next month to receive it.  Still, I'm excited!

So, by embracing the e-reader, am I contributing to the death of my own profession or embracing the technology of the future? I hope it's the latter.

As famous American inventor, Charles Kettering said, "We should all be concerned about the future because we will have to spend the rest of our lives there." Seed for Thought [1949]

And here's food for thought
Interested in the Kindle vs Nook match-up? Check out NPR's story here
Want the librarian view of Kindle vs Nook ? Check out this post from the ALA TechSource blog

Stay tuned...

No comments:

Post a Comment