Monday, September 6, 2010

Call for Sibert Award suggestions

It’s Nonfiction Monday, the weekly gathering of bloggers highlighting nonfiction books for kids.  Today’s host is The Miss Rumphius Effect.

What was your favorite nonfiction book of the year?  Would you like to see it win the Robert F. Sibert Informational Book Award, "awarded annually to the author(s) and illustrator(s) of the most distinguished informational book published in English during the preceding year?”

Since we’re all nonfiction fans, I’d like to use today’s gathering remind everyone that the ALSC 2011 Sibert Committee is seeking nominations for the Sibert Award.  A few of my favorites this year were (in no particular order):


and
  • Zeus: King of the Gods by George O’Connor (which I believe may not be eligible because it is “traditional literature")


Nominations may be submitted by members of the Association for Library Service to Children. If you’re not a member, think about joining!  It’s an active and helpful organization. Be sure to check the criteria for the Sibert Award before sending in your nominations.

More details are available on the ALSC blog.


Happy Labor Day - enjoy!

Share |

2 comments:

  1. My Sibert nod would go to They Called Themselves the kkk by Susan Campbell Bartoletti.

    I really want to read Biblioburro by Winter. It looks really good .

    This is the first I am hearing of Flesischam and Fox titles.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven’t read Susan Campbell Bartoletti’s newest yet, but I’m sure it will be excellent. Another book on my “to read” pile (which grows bigger every day!)

    ReplyDelete