Wednesday, December 22, 2010

2010 Picture Book Favorites

While awaiting next month's big award announcements from ALSC, here are my favorite picture books of 2010.

My top five, linked to my reviews:
(I can't really decide on an order - they're all so different!)

  • Underwood, Deborah.2010. The Quiet Book. Ill. by Renata Liwska. Boston: Houghton Mifflin.
  • Frazee, Marla. 2010. The Boss Baby. New York: Beach Lane
  • .Raschka, Chris. 2010. Little Black Crow. New York: Atheneum.
  • Thomson, Bill. 2010. Chalk. Tarrytown, NY: Marshall Cavendish.
  • Henkes, Kevin. 2010. My Garden. New York:  Greenwillow.
Other great 2010 titles ...


 Plus Pecan Pie Baby, Wanted: The Perfect Pet, The Boy and the Moon, Chicken Big, and Say Hello.


 Great books - all of them!

(I doubt that I can repeat my luck, especially since I can't decide on a favorite, but I did choose last year's winner correctly!)  In any case, I wish continued success to the authors and illustrators of all of my favorites!

  
Share |

1 comment:

  1. I like your favorites list, thanks! One of my favorites for 2010 is an Elizabeth Hoadley book called The Thanksgiving Coat. It's illustrated by her 5-year old daughter and is great in teaching values and beliefs that every kid should be taught.

    ReplyDelete