Monday, December 20, 2010

Nonfiction Monday


I'm taking a vacation day, but Nonfiction Monday never takes the day off.  You can visit SimplyScience for all of today's Nonfiction Monday posts.

Next week I'll have a review of T is for Taj Mahal: An India Alphabet, and later this week, I'll have my picture book favorites of 2010.  (I left my notes at work in my copy of Kneebone Boy, and I'm disappointed on both counts!)

More good reading for today can be found at StoryTubes, a great contest for kids 5-18.  Here are the rules in a nutshell:
Make a short video about your favorite book and use the online form to enter and compete for prizes. 
It's a wonderful opportunity to promote books and creativity; it's also a chance for kids to show their film making chops. Entries are accepted from January 19 to February 28.

Enjoy your Monday.  I'm off to the store.

Share |

No comments:

Post a Comment