Saturday, January 1, 2011

The Voyage of the Dawn Treader

Just a quick post for this New Year's Day -

My daughter and I went to see The Chronicles of Narnia: The Voyage of the Dawn Treader tonight.  I reviewed the book back in 2009, so it wasn't fresh in my head, but all in all I think the movie was fairly faithful to the C.S. Lewis story.  There was some evil green mist (why is evil mist always green?) and a "dark island" that neither of us remembered, but otherwise, the plot was as we remembered.  I thought that the 3D wasn't really necessary, but my daughter thought it was a nice touch.

So, if you've got one day of vacation left and you're a fan of the Chronicles of Narnia, seeing the movie is not a bad way to kill 112 minutes.



Share |

2 comments:

  1. I do want to see this-the ship in the previews looks fantastic. I did see Tangled today-loved it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tangled did look cute, but my kids are too old for that one, I would have had to go alone. :)

    ReplyDelete