Wednesday, June 1, 2011

48 Hour Book Challenge

June 3rd (or June 4th, depending on your preference) kicks off this year's 48 Hour Book Challenge.  The Book Challenge has been an annual happening for 5 years and is organized by MotherReader.  In a nutshell, "the challenge is to use this window of time to read as much as you want - and then a little bit more - along with your book blogging friends."  Full details may be found here.  I've never participated before, but am hoping to use this time to catch up on my reading pile and share some new books with you.
Here's what's on my "to be read" pile:
  • The Mis-Adventures of Phillip Isaac Penn byDonna Peterson
  • Super Diaper Baby 2: The Invasion of the Potty Snatchers by Dav Pilkey (kids will be so happy to see this one released later this month!)
  • Dumpling Days by Grace Lin
  • The 39 Clues: Cahills vs. Vespers: The Medusa Plot by Gordon Korman (due out in August and also likely to be very popular)
  • Guantanamo Boy by Anna Perera (at least I hope to get a start on this one)
  • Several picture books that have also been piling up
I doubt I'll get to them all, but I like the inspiration offered by the 48 Hour Book Challenge - just what I needed - a little push. 


4 comments:

  1. A nice looking TBR Pile. And _good_ good plan on using this time to catch up on the picture book reading! Had not thought of that...

    Happy reading this weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, you too! I just added one more book to my Nook. I just received a NetGalley copy of A Monster Calls. I've heard good things about it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope your reading goes well! I agree-it's very nice to have the umph of a reading challenge push.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I also have Guantanamo Boy on my list and hope to get to it tomorrow. Net Galley is really a great tool.

    ReplyDelete