Saturday, August 27, 2011

Hoping for the best...

Well, my vacation is over - somewhat.  Cutting my vacation short, I arrived home just in time for a mandatory evacuation.  Thankfully, I have my family, my pets (minus Fred and Wilma, the Venus Flytraps), and a copy of  Catherynne M. Valente's, The Girl Who Circumnavigated Fairyland in a Ship of Her Own Making (Feiwel and  Friends 2011). A bit of Fairyland is refreshing about now!  A review will follow later. 

 I also brought a copy of the adult nonfiction title, The Big Thirst: The Secret Life and Turbulent Future of Water by Charles Fishman (Free Press 2011).  It's a fascinating and enjoyable read, but, right now, I've got enough water to worry about!

If you, too, are on the Northeastern seaboard, grab a good book, stay in and stay safe!

5 comments:

  1. I've been thinking of you! Where have you had to evacuate to?

    ReplyDelete
  2. We're at a friend's home in Northwest Jersey -shelters here are only to be used as a last resort. As I said, hoping for the best ... thanks for thinking of me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'll be thinking of you as well. Pretty much dodged it in central North Carolina.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for your concern. I'm looking forward to getting back home...hopefully, tomorrow. Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great reading weather, that's for sure. Also, being in NJ (Morris County), reading keeps me from checking the water level which is continually rising on my patio! LOL! Keep dry, stay safe.

    ReplyDelete