Thursday, December 8, 2011

Thursday news


I’m blogging at ALSC today about one of my favorite storytime props.
Please join me for “It’s a Wonderful World."
Globus
By Stefan Kühn (Own work) [GFDL
(www.gnu.org/copyleft/fdl.html),
CC-BY-SA-3.0 (www.creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/3.0/),
 CC-BY-SA-2.5-2.0-1.0 (www.creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/2.5-2.0-1.0)
or GFDL (www.gnu.org/copyleft/fdl.html)], via Wikimedia Commons
In other Thursday news, time is running out to nominate works for consideration for the 2012 ALSC Notables lists for books and DVDs. December 15th is the deadline, so click on over if you’re interested.

If you’re a book blogger, you might want to check out this recent article from the LA Times. At least one publisher thinks we’re not doing enough.  Mr. Morrow forgets, perhaps, that book bloggers do not work for publishers.  In most cases, book blogging is a labor of love - done in our spare time because we enjoy sharing books.  If I don’t review a book that a publisher provided for me, it may be that I’ve been busy, or that I didn’t like it, and I’m being kind. Why waste my time (and yours) writing a review of a bad book?  Many publishers are happy to send out advance copies of their books for review.  If they’re not,  I just wait for the book to arrive at the library.  Either way works for me.  I’ll keep blogging.


No comments:

Post a Comment