Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Cybils shortlist

After months of hard work by the first round judges, the shortlists are out for the 2011 Cybils, the Children's and Young Adult Bloggers' Literary Awards.  I'm pleased, honored and humbled to be a Round 2 judge in the Nonfiction Picture Books category.

Following are this year's finalists in the NFPB category (linked to my review where applicable):

All the Water in the World by George Ella Lyon
Atheneum



Bring On the Birds
by Susan Stockdale
Peachtree




Can We Save the Tiger?
by Martin Jenkins
Candlewick Press



I Feel Better with a Frog in My Throat: History's Strangest Cures by Carlyn Beccia
Houghton Mifflin Books for Children



Planting the Wild Garden
by Kathryn O. Galbraith
Peachtree



The Case of the Vanishing Golden Frogs: A Scientific Mystery by Sandra Markle
Millbrook Press




Thunder Birds: Nature's Flying Predators
by Jim Arnosky
Sterling Publishing


To date, I've read only four of the seven finalists and reviewed only two, but I will be posting more reviews as we lead up to the announcement of the winners on February 14th.  I look forward to working with my fellow judges, Terry Doherty, Family Bookshelf, Adrienne Mason, Tough City Writer, Karen Terlecky,  Literate Lives, and Laura Wadley,  PCL Children's Book Review.  Thanks to our organizer, Fiona Bayrock,  Books and 'Rocks.

Let the fun begin!

Links to the Cybils finalists in all categories may be found here.

1 comment:

  1. Good luck with your judging! I read All the Water in the World and thought it was terrific.

    ReplyDelete