Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Dumpling Days - a review (redux)

Lin, Grace. 2012. Dumpling Days. New York: Little Brown

I very seldom, if at all, repeat reviews, however, today I make an exception of sorts.  I was fortunate to receive an advance copy of Grace Lin's Dumpling Days, more than six months ago.  There is some debate within the kidlitosphere about when is the best time to post reviews of Advance Reader Copies.  Most would agree that mine was too early.

In any case, when the publisher mentioned that I had posted my review a tad early (6 months - can I help it?  I liked the book!), I offered to re-post it at a later date. 

Well, the time is now.  Dumpling Days is due out on January 21.  However, rather than re-post my review, I offer you a booktalk, a link to my previous review, and a look at Grace Lin's book trailer.

So without further ado ...

a booktalk
In Dumpling Days, Pacy Lin, her parents and two sisters (one older, one younger) are going to Taiwan for Pacy's grandmother's 60th birthday - for 28 days! Twenty-eight days?! What is Pacy supposed to do for 28 days without her friends in a country where she may look like everyone else, but inside, she's definitely not. At least there will be dumplings!

my review

the trailer



and, just for fun, a photo of me and Grace Lin






 She was ever so gracious at her book signings in New Orleans.

Enjoy Dumpling Days!

No comments:

Post a Comment