Monday, April 30, 2012

Monday Morning Miscellany v.3

It's Nonfiction Monday again (where do the weeks go?) and because I'm busily working on several projects, it will be a Monday Morning Miscellany edition.

    First up, the Nonfiction Monday roundup is at Gathering Books today.  If you're a fan of nonfiction or want to be, stop by and check out the great posts. 

Next on my agenda, the Minette's Feast blog tour begins today at Anastasia Suen's BooktalkingMinette's Feast: The Delicious Story of Julia Child and Her Cat, due next month on a shelf near you, tells the story of Julia Child vis-à-vis her cat, Minette. (I'm sure that throwing French around is de rigueur in a discussion of Julia Child)   The blog tour will feature reviews, interviews and guest posts.  I am most excited that the blog tour will stop here next Monday, when I will get to interview Chad Beckerman, art director for Abrams Books, publisher of Minette's Feast, and all-around creative genius or "evil design mastermind," depending on whom one asks! ;)

The Hobbit - I'm thrilled that a (hopefully) good version of The Hobbit is finally in production. The Hobbit and the LOTR trilogy have been on my list of favorites since I was a teenager. The movie trailer looks great -


but as a purist who still bemoans the fact that Tom Bombadil was left out of the movie version of LOTR, here's what I'm wondering: Why does the IMDB cast list include Cate Blanchett as Galadriel and Evangeline Lilly as Tauriel?  First of all, there are no women characters in The Hobbit - zilch, nada.  And Tauriel?  Who the heck is that?  Just venting.

And finally, if you haven't heard the "dirt" on The Dirty Cowboy, or specifically on Adam Rex's illustrations for The Dirty Cowboy, check out the brouhaha here, and here and here.
"The Dirty Cowboy by Amy Timberlake A filthy cowboy, a bath, and a wrestling match with a dog. This one has it all."
From the book's description on Adam Rex's site.

Oh, c'mon, school board, where's your sense of humor?





That's it for today.  Have a great week!

6 comments:

  1. Ooh, can't wait to read more about Minette's feast. Immediately made me think of the wonderful danish film all about food - Babette's feast.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've never heard of Babette's Feast. I'll have to look that one up. Thanks.

      Delete
  2. So glad you mentioned Minette's Feast. I look forward to your interview of Chad Beckerman.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Minette's Feast looks amazing! Love that it is told from the cat's point of view!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the variety of stuff that you included in this post. Thanks for sharing such a delightful spread with us this week.

    ReplyDelete