Sunday, November 4, 2012

Sandy

Unfortunately, Sandy treated my beloved Jersey shore much worse than anyone expected, and I am now part of the diaspora of the thousands of residents of New Jersey's barrier island communities.  Cut off from the islands, now under control of the federal government, residents will not be allowed home (even by boat) for months, possibly even a year. We took only what we could fit in the van.  Those who stayed are without power, water and gas, and are being removed for their safety, by the National Guard.  I'm thankful for friends who have accepted me, my family and my pets into their homes.  Friendship is truly a priceless gift.
 I'll be taking a break for another week while I try to gather my thoughts, my life, and my friends. My family, thankfully, is safe and together, save for my eldest daughter who is safely at college and wishing she were here with us.

3 comments:

  1. So, sooo sorry. You are all in our prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am SO sorry. Thank goodness everyone is safe--that's the most important thing. My thoughts are with you and your family.

    Your friend, Margo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thoughts and prayers are with you.

    Jeff

    ReplyDelete