Monday, December 17, 2012

Nonfiction Favorites 2012

As 2012 is quickly coming to a close, I'll use today's Nonfiction Monday event to feature my two favorite nonfiction books of the year - one for young listeners and one for older readers.

Without a doubt, my favorite nonfiction book for older readers was


Educational, inspirational, celebratory!



Though I first reviewed it in March, it has remained on the top of my list.  Click the title for my review.


For younger listeners, it was a difficult choice - You are Stardust, Eight Days Gone, so many great titles - but my favorite was
Rhyming, whimsical, gorgeous illustrations!

(click the title for my review)

If you haven't checked out these two nonfiction books yet, hurry to your library or bookstore!
They're not to be missed!


4 comments:

  1. I heard Temple Grandin speak at a fundraiser and it was inspirational! I'm glad that there is a book for children.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much! Honored that you enjoyed LEAF CAN BE... so much. And I have that Temple Grandin book waiting at the library for me right now. I have worked as a personal care asst. for young adults with autism, so I know some of her background--interested to learn more.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There were so many great informational books this year that it was hard to choose, but A Leaf Can Be ... works so well on many levels that it came out on the top of my list. All the best to you!

      Delete