Tuesday, January 15, 2013

The Mark of Athena - this and that

Riordan, Rick. 2012. The Heroes of Olympus: The Mark of Athena. New York: Disney Hyperion.

Usually, I listen to Rick Riordan's books, but I read this one instead.  I think I prefer this series in print.


US trailer

UK trailer

The Mark of Athena, in which:

Percy and Annabeth are finally reunited
We don't see nearly enough of Ella (I love that harpy!)
Seven demigods set forth on a quest
Leo is odd man out
The end is a real cliffhanger


Here's the plot, according to Ella,

Wisdom’s daughter walks alone
The Mark of Athena burns through Rome,
Twins snuff out the angel’s breath,
Who holds the key to endless death.
Giant’s bane stands cold and pale,
Won through pain from a woven jail.

Some odds and ends:

Next up: The House of Hades, due out in October 2013.

2 comments:

  1. I haven't read this newest incarnation, but we have a ridiculous hold list for it at the library where I work--I think there are several hundred kids on the list!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Riordan delivers! Like all the Percy books, Kane Chronicles, and other Heroes of Olympus books, I could not put down The Mark of Athena once I started it. Wonderfully paced, and I really enjoy the switching of narrators that he has done in the Heroes of Olympus stories. My only problem is that the next book won't be released for a year!

    ReplyDelete