Friday, March 29, 2013

! a review

Rosenthal, Amy Krouse and Tom Lichtenheld. 2013. Exclamation Mark. New York: Scholastic.



Looking back over five and a half years of reviews on Shelf-employed, I'm shocked and surprised that I've never reviewed a book by Amy Krouse Rosenthal or Tom Lichtenheld.  A bad error of omission on my part I assure you, since several of my favorites are by the talented twosome - most notably,

As a matter of fact, it occurs to me that other than Jon Scieszka, Amy Krouse Rosenthal is my most frequent companion on school visits.

In any case, I've had a copy of ! in my bag that I've been meaning to review for months, and now the book has been published and everyone already knows that it's wonderful, but I'll chime in with my agreement.

It is a great and wonderful talent to be able to impart knowledge and compassion in the cloak of humor.  If everyone could do it, we'd all be smarter and happier for it; but not everyone can.  So, when you find an offering by two people with just such talents, Amy Krause Rosenthal and Tom Lichtenheld, grab it, read it, and share it.  You won't be disappointed.

Exclamation Mark was
 "typeset in Brandon Grotesque and Mrs. Eaves.  The illustrations were rendered in ink and other exciting materials."   

See what I mean?  Even the copyright page sounds fun!

Other reviews at

1 comment:

  1. I share your admiration of Amy Krouse Rosenthal. She is an original.

    ReplyDelete