Twain, Mark. The Adventures of Huckleberry Finn. Narrated by Tom Parker. Blackstone Audio.
I just finished listening to Blackstone Audio's unabridged version of The Adventures of Huckleberry Finn, narrated by Tom Parker. I know there are other audio versions, and I have not compared them, however, I would venture to guess that Parker's version is one of the best, if not the best reading. A narrator's note prior to the story explains the differing dialects used throughout the story. Remaining true to the story's time period and Twain's dialogue, speech patterns, accents and vocabulary vary according the the character's class, color, and geographical location. Tom Parker nails them all.
This is wonderful medium for bringing new life to an old classic. About 9 1/2 hours on CD or mp3.
Book reviews (and news) you can use. A librarian's opinion on books and media for children and young adults
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Beneath the Waves - a review
As we read disturbing news accounts of dying manatees , environmental disasters caused by toxic waste, and ocean pollution on the scale of ...
-
I'm delighted to host today's Nonfiction Monday. My contribution for today is Marc Aronson's If Stones Could Speak: Unlocking th...
-
Welcome to Shelf-employed! I'm the host of this week's Nonfiction Monday . Grubman, Steve and Jill Davis. 2010. Orangutans are Tic...
-
Gutman, Dan. 2012. Election! A Kid's Guide to Picking our President. New York: Open Road Media. Advance copy provided by NetGall...
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.