Roses are red.
Violets are blue.
Here is advice
I offer you:
Winter is dark;
Weather is drear.
But story time kids
always bring cheer.
Valentine's Day -
and books will delight.
One happy child
can banish the night.
© L Taylor
"A Kiss" (a fingerplay, prop story, felt board, or song)
There's something in my pocket,
Could it be a moose?
Could it be a train with a bell and a caboose?
Could it be a snake or some sticky glue?
Right here in my pocket is a KISS from me to you! (blow kiss)
I have a photo of a moose glued to a popsicle stick, a train whistle, a bell, a plastic, jointed snake, and glue. I pull them all out at the appropriate times.
Credit: King County Library System
A Valentine fingerplay:
Show children how to put the "heels" of their palms together and then curve fingers around , meeting on top to form a heart. The rhyme goes like this:
"I put my hands together,
this is how I start;
I curve my fingers right around
and I can make a Heart!"
Credit: Everything Preschool
"Skidamarink" or "Skinnamarink"
You can find this favorite online if you don't already know it.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.