By Jory John
Illustrated by Pete Oswald
Harper, 2017
The Bad Seed was once a happy seed in a lovely sunflower. Could he help it that he was harvested for a bag of sunflower seeds and later spat out under the bleachers at the baseball game? It's no wonder he became bad!
Too often, I hear of "the bad kid" in school or even preschool! Preschool and elementary school children are way too young to be written off as "bad seeds."
I hope that The Bad Seed will remind us of three important things: not everyone is bad all the time; there is a reason for bad behavior; people can change. As the Bad Seed says,
"And even though I still feel bad, sometimes,The illustrations are funny and wonderfully expressive. If you work with children, share The Bad Seed.
I also feel kind of good.
It's sort of a mix.
All I can do is keep trying."

I LOVE this book and have it in my library. It's too good not to share. Cheers!
ReplyDeleteI'm glad you like it, too. :)
Delete