Saturday, January 19, 2008

Prince Caspian

I have to admit that I’ve never read C.S. Lewis’, Prince Caspian. With the movie coming out in a few months, I made good use of my commuting time to listen to a download of the book on my MP3. After listening to the audio-book version of The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe, read by Michael York, it took me a chapter to get used to Lynn Redgrave’s voice reading Prince Caspian. After the first chapter or two, however, she had me hooked. The award-winning, English-born, Ms. Redgrave, did a fine job in creating voices for the many characters in Prince Caspian, particularly, Reepicheep, the prideful rabbit warrior. I thoroughly enjoyed the audio-book, and I’m looking forward to the movie. One downside of audio-books – you don’t know the spelling of unfamiliar character names and places. (I had to look up the spelling of Reepicheep at http://www.narniafans.com/) An upside – I know how to pronounce them!

No comments:

Post a Comment