Book reviews (and news) you can use. A librarian's opinion on books and media for children and young adults
Saturday, January 19, 2008
Prince Caspian
I have to admit that I’ve never read C.S. Lewis’, Prince Caspian. With the movie coming out in a few months, I made good use of my commuting time to listen to a download of the book on my MP3. After listening to the audio-book version of The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe, read by Michael York, it took me a chapter to get used to Lynn Redgrave’s voice reading Prince Caspian. After the first chapter or two, however, she had me hooked. The award-winning, English-born, Ms. Redgrave, did a fine job in creating voices for the many characters in Prince Caspian, particularly, Reepicheep, the prideful rabbit warrior. I thoroughly enjoyed the audio-book, and I’m looking forward to the movie. One downside of audio-books – you don’t know the spelling of unfamiliar character names and places. (I had to look up the spelling of Reepicheep at http://www.narniafans.com/) An upside – I know how to pronounce them!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Beneath the Waves - a review
As we read disturbing news accounts of dying manatees , environmental disasters caused by toxic waste, and ocean pollution on the scale of ...
-
I'm delighted to host today's Nonfiction Monday. My contribution for today is Marc Aronson's If Stones Could Speak: Unlocking th...
-
Welcome to Shelf-employed! I'm the host of this week's Nonfiction Monday . Grubman, Steve and Jill Davis. 2010. Orangutans are Tic...
-
Gutman, Dan. 2012. Election! A Kid's Guide to Picking our President. New York: Open Road Media. Advance copy provided by NetGall...
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.