Borchert, Don. 2007. Free for All: Oddballs, Geeks, and Gangstas in the Public Library. New York: Virgin Books.
As with my last foray into adult non-fiction (which is, incidentally, one of my favorite genres), I am returning this book unfinished. I feel guilty renewing it when so many others are waiting for this humorous look at public libraries.
Although the books is advertised as "mild-mannered librarian tells all!" it is actually the collected stories of a library assistant in a suburban L.A. public library. Free for All is definitely amusing, but since I'm living many of the scenarios on a day-to-day basis anyway, I'll pass on the rest of the book and get back to work serving children. I'm behind on my picture book reading!
Book reviews (and news) you can use. A librarian's opinion on books and media for children and young adults
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Beneath the Waves - a review
As we read disturbing news accounts of dying manatees , environmental disasters caused by toxic waste, and ocean pollution on the scale of ...
-
I'm delighted to host today's Nonfiction Monday. My contribution for today is Marc Aronson's If Stones Could Speak: Unlocking th...
-
Welcome to Shelf-employed! I'm the host of this week's Nonfiction Monday . Grubman, Steve and Jill Davis. 2010. Orangutans are Tic...
-
Gutman, Dan. 2012. Election! A Kid's Guide to Picking our President. New York: Open Road Media. Advance copy provided by NetGall...
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.