Emberly, Barbara and Ed. 2008. Night's Nice. New York: Little Brown.
I have just discovered this reprint of Night's Nice, first published in 1962. It's a bright, colorful and rhyming romp through all of the reasons why night is nice,
"Fireflies
Owls
And yellow-eyed cats
All think night's nice
And of course
So do bats."
Illustrated by Ed Emberly in gouache and ink, in his now-classic style, (I love his drawing books!) the light-hearted illustrations manage to evoke evening, while still offering a riot of color. A perfect book to read before going to bed,
"So hop into bed,
Turn over thrice
And whisper this softly:
Night's nice, night's nice, night's nice."
Book reviews (and news) you can use. A librarian's opinion on books and media for children and young adults
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Beneath the Waves - a review
As we read disturbing news accounts of dying manatees , environmental disasters caused by toxic waste, and ocean pollution on the scale of ...
-
I'm delighted to host today's Nonfiction Monday. My contribution for today is Marc Aronson's If Stones Could Speak: Unlocking th...
-
Welcome to Shelf-employed! I'm the host of this week's Nonfiction Monday . Grubman, Steve and Jill Davis. 2010. Orangutans are Tic...
-
Gutman, Dan. 2012. Election! A Kid's Guide to Picking our President. New York: Open Road Media. Advance copy provided by NetGall...
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.