Each year, I try to do something new for Hispanic Heritage Month at the library.
This year, I fell in love with Susan Middleton Elya's, Little Roja Riding Hood (Putnam, 2014), so I based a program around that title. We had a fun time retelling the classic story as we knew it, recreating it with felt board pieces, reading Susan Middleton Elya's version, using the globe to find Spanish-speaking countries, playing a game of Color, Colorcito, and finally some free play with the felt board pieces and a rojo coloring page.
Below is a slide show with reviews of other bilingual favorites that I've used for storytime. I also have a list of fun preschool songs, music, and activities for Hispanic Heritage Month. Feel free to ask me about them. If you have trouble seeing the slideshow, you can access it on Riffle. [https://read.rifflebooks.com/list/181065]
Book reviews (and news) you can use. A librarian's opinion on books and media for children and young adults
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Beneath the Waves - a review
As we read disturbing news accounts of dying manatees , environmental disasters caused by toxic waste, and ocean pollution on the scale of ...
-
I'm delighted to host today's Nonfiction Monday. My contribution for today is Marc Aronson's If Stones Could Speak: Unlocking th...
-
Welcome to Shelf-employed! I'm the host of this week's Nonfiction Monday . Grubman, Steve and Jill Davis. 2010. Orangutans are Tic...
-
Gutman, Dan. 2012. Election! A Kid's Guide to Picking our President. New York: Open Road Media. Advance copy provided by NetGall...
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.