I'm a little late with this post, Fire Prevention Week was last week, but perhaps you'll bookmark this for next year. I was asked to provide a storytime on fire safety for a preschool class of 3-year-olds. Here's what I went with:
- "The Wheels on the Truck" felt board song - you can find the instructions and words at this link. [http://www.makinglearningfun.com/themepages/Fire-WheelsontheTruckFeltBoard.htm]
If you're reading with slightly older kids and want to add a bit of bilingualism, you can't go wrong with:
- "Hot or Not" game - I can't remember where I got this idea, but you can make it whatever you'd like—felt board, magnet board, group activity, etc. It has the added bonus of having a rhyming name. I never miss a chance to point out something fun while learning, so we say it all together and note that it rhymes, "Hot or Not."
- "Hurry, Hurry, Drive the Fire Truck" action song - just check online and you'll find a version that suits you. This is a good chance to get those wiggles out.
- And for fiction, I've always been partial to Fireman Small by Wong Herbert Yee. It has a great repetitive refrain, and my kids always loved it.







No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.