Silly, dreamy, fun, well-done - these are my favorites today!
- Silly
Harrington, Tim. 2013. This Little Piggy. New York: Harper Collins.Funny and silly, this is the story of what those other five little piggies are doing - forget about going to market or eating roast beef; these little piggies are painting, selling hot dogs, dancing and flying planes!
Click to hear the author's musical rendition of
This Little Piggy. You can download it, too!
Giovanna Zoboli. 2013. I Wish I Had .... Grand Rapids, MI: Eerdmans. (Ill. by Simona Mulazzani)
A simple wish list - one wish on each beautifully illustrated, double-spread page of this over-sized book. Inspired by the animal kingdom, each wish is for an animal's ability,
A simple wish list - one wish on each beautifully illustrated, double-spread page of this over-sized book. Inspired by the animal kingdom, each wish is for an animal's ability,
I wish I had the quick heart of a mouse as it makes its escape ...
... and the wings of a wild goose on the day it takes flight.Perhaps it rhymes in its original Italian version. No matter - it's still poetic and beautiful.
The link to a preview of I Wish I Had ... may be accessed here.
- Fun
I loved I Spy With My Little Eye when it was published in 2011, and I love Edward Gibbs' I Spy on the Farm as well. Perfect for participatory sharing, kids will squeal out the answers as they look through the die-cut holes and hear the clues,
I spy with my little eye ...
something pink that begins with a P.
Oink, oink!Colors, letters, farm animal sounds - I Spy on the Farm has it all!
- Well-done
Filled with love and frolicking fun, Rainbow Stew is a tasty delight! (Be sure to try the recipe)
Rainbow Stew preview here.
Rainbow Stew activities here!
If you're looking for the usual nonfiction post this morning, check out Sally's Bookshelf for today's Nonfiction Monday roundup. Next week, Nonfiction Monday will be right here at Shelf-employed.
Rainbow Stew activities here!
If you're looking for the usual nonfiction post this morning, check out Sally's Bookshelf for today's Nonfiction Monday roundup. Next week, Nonfiction Monday will be right here at Shelf-employed.




No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.