Pilkey, Dav. 2014. Ricky Ricotta's Mighty Robot. New York: Scholastic. Illustrations by Dan Santat.While at ALA Midwinter, I picked up an Advance Reader Copy of Ricky Ricotta's Mighty Robot. I know what you're thinking - that's not a new book, that was published ages ago! Yes, but it's back again, and this time in full color, with glossy pages and new "mini-comics" inside.
All of the Ricky Ricotta books will be reissued with new illustrations, and two brand new books are planned for January and March of 2015. A big campaign is in the works ... stay tuned.
Read an excerpt and see the new illustrations on Scholastic's new Ricky Ricotta web page.
Coming to a bookshelf near you on April 29, 2014.
BTW, my Advance Reader Copy went home with a very happy young boy, one of my best readers. He was looking for my library's "checked-out" copy of the original Ricky Ricotta's Giant Robot. Imagine the smile on his face when I gave him a new, as yet unpublished, full-color copy! (Luckily, I had read it at lunchtime.)
The original Ricky Ricotta artist, Martin Ontiveros deserves credit for helping to create a series that captured the imagination of a nearly a generation of children. Dan Santat will refresh the series for the next generation. Long live Dav Pilkey!
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.