I just noticed that several of the books I've reviewed lately have been chosen as nominees for the Garden State Children's Book Award.
In the fiction category, I've recently reviewed The Year of the Dog by Grace Lin, Regarding the Bathrooms, by Kate Klise, and Punished by David Lubar. All were great books, but my favorite was definitely Regarding the Bathrooms by Kate Klise. (search this blog by author or title to see my reviews)
I'll be trying to read more of the choices, however, looking over the list, I have a feeling that Captain Underpants the the Preposterous Plight of the Purple Potty People might be a fan favorite!
I'll post more on non-fiction and easy readers.
Book reviews (and news) you can use. A librarian's opinion on books and media for children and young adults
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Beneath the Waves - a review
As we read disturbing news accounts of dying manatees , environmental disasters caused by toxic waste, and ocean pollution on the scale of ...
-
I'm delighted to host today's Nonfiction Monday. My contribution for today is Marc Aronson's If Stones Could Speak: Unlocking th...
-
Welcome to Shelf-employed! I'm the host of this week's Nonfiction Monday . Grubman, Steve and Jill Davis. 2010. Orangutans are Tic...
-
Gutman, Dan. 2012. Election! A Kid's Guide to Picking our President. New York: Open Road Media. Advance copy provided by NetGall...
As I suspected, Captain Underpants and the Preposterous Plight of the Purple Potty People is the 2009 winner in the fiction category! Tra-la-la!
ReplyDelete