Klise, Kate. 1999. Regarding the fountain: A tale in letters, of liars and leaks.
I read this first in the Regarding the... series, because my book club has chosen it. I was already a fan, having read Regarding the Bathrooms: A Privy to the Past (see earlier post) a few months back. I'm still a fan, but I did prefer the later book in the series. Regarding the Fountain is a great place to start, though. This first book follows the students from Dry Creek Middle School through their fifth grade year. That being said, it's a great choice for 5th grade students, particularly reluctant readers or children who are comfortable sticking with a series. In the later books, the children grow older, the plot grows thicker, and the mystery becomes less obvious. The Regarding the... series is meant to grow along with the reader.
This book, like later ones, is full of puns, interesting facts, drawings, and of course - letters. An interesting and engaging format. I love it.
Book reviews (and news) you can use. A librarian's opinion on books and media for children and young adults
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Beneath the Waves - a review
As we read disturbing news accounts of dying manatees , environmental disasters caused by toxic waste, and ocean pollution on the scale of ...
-
I'm delighted to host today's Nonfiction Monday. My contribution for today is Marc Aronson's If Stones Could Speak: Unlocking th...
-
Welcome to Shelf-employed! I'm the host of this week's Nonfiction Monday . Grubman, Steve and Jill Davis. 2010. Orangutans are Tic...
-
Gutman, Dan. 2012. Election! A Kid's Guide to Picking our President. New York: Open Road Media. Advance copy provided by NetGall...
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.